Kildee Cottage

Building Name:
Kildee Cottage
Alternate Names:
Cessna Cottage
Historical Note:
Kildee Cottage was built in 1900 and first occupied in 1901 by Dr. O.H. Cessna under a campus lease agreement. The house was purchased by the college in the spring of 1915, and it later became the longtime residence of Herbert H. Kildee. After 1965, Kildee Cottage served as the headquarters for the building services section of the Physical Plant before being removed in 1973.
Year Built:
1900
Year Removed:
1973
Photographs Containing Kildee Cottage:
Photograph of Kildee, Coburn,...
Photograph of three houses on campus. From right to left: Kildee Cottage, Norton House, Coburn House. A dirt road is in the foreground and the houses are surrounded by leafless trees. The nearest two houses are white, and have front porches.
IMAGE
Photograph of Kildee Cottage...
Photograph of Kildee Cottage from the side. It is surrounded by snow on the ground and snowy trees. Norton House is visible in the left background.
IMAGE
Source
Preferred Citation:
"Kildee Cottage", Campus Cornerstones, Digital Scholarship and Initiatives
Reference Link:
https://digital.lib.iastate.edu/historic-buildings/items/buildingprofile0048.html