Pope Cottage
- Building Name:
- Pope Cottage
- Historical Note:
- This house was built in 1877 by Chemistry Professor Thomas E. Pope, on the south side of what is now Lincoln Way. Pope sold the property to the College in 1884. Professor Wynn had been renting Pope Cottage before the sale, and remained there through 1885. The frame house consisted of two stories and a basement. Plumbing and electricity were installed in 1902, and the porch was added in 1924.
- Year Built:
- 1877
Photographs Containing Pope Cottage:
Source
- Preferred Citation:
- "Pope Cottage", Campus Cornerstones, Digital Scholarship and Initiatives
- Reference Link:
- https://digital.lib.iastate.edu/historic-buildings/items/buildingprofile0013.html