The Gables
- Building Name:
- The Gables
- Alternate Names:
- International House
- Historical Note:
- Built in 1879-1880 as a home for President Welch and his family, The Gables was later purchased by Professor Millikan Stalker and eventually passed to Iowa State College in 1928. Renamed International House, it served as a residence for international male students. The building sustained significant fire damage in 1951 but was repaired and continued in use until it was intentionally demolished in 1963 to make way for Buchanan Hall.
- Year Built:
- 1879
- Year Removed:
- 1963
Photographs Containing The Gables:
Source
- Preferred Citation:
- "The Gables", Campus Cornerstones, Digital Scholarship and Initiatives
- Reference Link:
- https://digital.lib.iastate.edu/historic-buildings/items/buildingprofile0015.html