Farm Boarding Club
- Building Name:
- Farm Boarding Club
- Alternate Names:
- Horticulture Hall; Laboratory; Garden House; Faculty Club
- Historical Note:
- Built in 1879, the Farm Boarding Club building was constructed for the Horticulture Department. The two-story building included lecture rooms and office spaces, a Horticulture museum, and several storage rooms. The Horticulture Department relocated in 1894, and the Farm Boarding Club was remodeled into a residence. It became a boarding club by 1895, with water and sewer auditions in 1896. It continued as a faculty club until 1906, when it was reserved for potential hospital use. The building was moved in 1915 and later used as an employee boarding house and residence. The Farm Boarding Club building remained in use until it was razed in 1970.
- Year Built:
- 1879
- Year Removed:
- 1970
Photographs Containing Farm Boarding Club:
Source
- Preferred Citation:
- "Farm Boarding Club", Campus Cornerstones, Digital Scholarship and Initiatives
- Reference Link:
- https://digital.lib.iastate.edu/historic-buildings/items/buildingprofile0034.html